Meet your new best friend! If there is only one oil you need forever, this one has to be it. Tea Tree oil is, in our opinion, the most versatile of oils and has a multitude of benefits and uses. (There has also been much research and books written to back up these claims!) It rightly has the reputation as an all-encompassing ‘cure all’ essential oil because of its extremely powerful antiseptic, anti-fungal, anti-viral and anti-bacterial properties. Tea Tree oil has immune boosting and stimulant, and can aid in relieving muscle aches and pains. It can be used topically and aromatically, and is known for its trademark fresh astringent scent.
Here are just some of our favourite tried and true ways to use Tea Tree oil:
Suffering from skin irritation?
- Try using it as a spot treatment on inflamed or affected areas. It is great for soothing bug bites, rashes, and skin infections. Some individuals may find the Tea Tree oil to be too strong at first and may cause the skin to be more irritated – dilute it by adding a couple drops in your facial cleanser or moisturizer to combat any acne and skin irritations.
Cold and Flu season got you run down?
- Add a couple drops to a water spray bottle and use it as an all-purpose cleaner to disinfect home surfaces where you may have spread your germs!
- When used in a diffuser, the antibacterial properties can cleanse the air in your home and can also help reduce your cough and cold symptoms via aromatherapy
Treat your feet:
- Apply it in a foot bath to soothe your feet and remedy your athletes foot, fungal infections or ingrown toe nails. You can also apply it directly onto warts on your feet to help them go away.
- If you are looking for a great way to relieve foot pain and muscle aches, use it with a lotion to massage any affected areas for quick relief.
For the “clumsy” individual:
- The antiseptic properties of Tea Tree oil can cleanse, disinfect, and help treat any minor cuts and skin abrasions. Apply it directly to the affected area to quickly heal the skin.